Super Contributor

Re: Say goodbye to Captain Coconut 2

Originally posted by gr8fuldodd
I lusted after a CC2 for a long time
for some reason I couldn't find the stomach to pony up that dough
even though I would through smaller amounts around so often that I could have easily done it
must have been a psychological thing

:smileysad:

Along with the Electric Smile the Captain Coconut was one of the first pedals that really made me feel the GAS. This was right around when the CC2 started showing up...and the GAS increased even more. I can thank one of my final rounds of student loans and Non-Digital Tom for grabbing mine last year...thank god.

:thu:
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

Brother Dave! :cool:

Thank you for sharing what is next for Foxrox Electronics. The quality of your work, and THE TONE speaks for itself. I compliment you for all the great tonal landscapes you have created that have ended up at my feet, on stage, and I have rocked a lot of people with Foxrox creations.

I'm thrilled to know I have one of everything (well actually I have two Hot Silicon Fuzzes because someone sold me a prototype too) and I am thrilled to death I got a CC2 before they went out of production. Perhaps by the time I retire I can fund my 401k with an auction at Christies. :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks too for posting up some Foxrox memorabilia - very cool peek into the mind of a madman :cool:

I also want to say "thank you" for keeping the production in the good old USA when so many are crossing the ocean and buying substandard PCBs - you are a true American my friend.

It is reassuring to know that this new production arrangement will allow you to create even more sonic madness for all of us gear sluts - thanks so much Dave - for everything you do and how you do it. A real CLASS ACT all the way around. I can't wait to see and hear what comes out next - your products set the standard and the fact that you're an actual working musician will insure that everything else to follow - will make it's presence known and cut through the mix LIVE effortlessly.

You fucking ROCK and you sir - are and always will be - one of the greats in the history of some of the greatest effects ever made. Thanks for sharing your genius. Rock the hell on and keep us posted for the next great Foxrox tone machine!

Respectfully my friend,

Rev :cool: :wave:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

Forgot to post my babies :wave:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

Originally posted by Wilbo26
And here we go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FoxRox-Captain-Coconut-II-Discontinued-Hard-to-find_W0QQitemZ320039180741QQihZ01...
Jesus Christ!!! Things are really getting out of hand now.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pallas

CC2 was gonna be next...too late now:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

Originally posted by pallas
CC2 was gonna be next...too late now:smileysad:

no crap...
Formerly known as BrianPhase90
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pallas

Originally posted by BrianPhase90

no crap...

Land disputes, lawyer bills ate up my CC2 funds for real:eek: :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

How much do you have laying around? I'll take 'm off your hands and set my retirement asure:smileyvery-happy: Like having a container load of NOS Digitech WH-1's or Ibanez flying pans:smileyvery-happy:

:smileysad: Unfortunatly i don't have the cash right now but i do have a very attractive girlfriend?!?:confused: :smileytongue: :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

cool pics.

Dave, you are probably the only boutique builder to make a 3 in 1 pedal that was successful.

Sadly I have yet to try it.

I did get to try out a zim last year at a jam. I don't know what card was actually in it, but it sounded great, and looked great too.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Fenderson

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave sould have told us so we could buy up the last ones.

I never knew my CC2 would be worth so much.:wave: :wave:
Audacity of Dopes

"When a culture banishes God as the ultimate arbiter, a guilt-ridden populace is the inevitable outcome. And stripped of God, what other path is there to liberation than liberalism?

In answer to your inquiry, I consider that the chief dangers which confront the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and heaven without hell. —William Booth
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee
Forgot to post my babies :wave:

This reminds me...how does one get ahold of a foxrox expression pedal????
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

Originally posted by Wilbo26

This reminds me...how does one get ahold of a foxrox expressin pedal????

Well - if Dave doesn't sell them thru his site - I know Analogman sells them - I got two off of Mike.. :cool:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

Originally posted by loofery

Here's the thing I'm 17 and going to college and I might have to sell mine :smileysad:

gahhhh

Don't do it. You can find a few bucks here and there, but something like that can't be replaced.
For trade: I have about 15 feet of industrial velcro, I need one set of George L .155 right angle ends and two sets of George L rubber cable caps.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
dotlikeimpact

I owned one for a week about a month ago. I didn't like it, and the seller offered to take it back. Whoops!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Mesabooger

Regret selling my CC1 so much!!!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

Damn.. I always wanted to try a CC2..

*prays for one last batch*

:cry:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

RIP, Captain

[SIZE=3]Wakeup time, Octron 2!!! [/SIZE]
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

Thanks for all the great replies in this thread. I posted it right before leaving for a gig yesterday, and it was a nice surprise when I got home.

Here are some replies to individual posts

therhodeo-
I can't wait to work on a new flanger. I got half way through designing one but had to put it on the shelf to get other things done. It's not as pressing because TZF isn't going away just yet, but the TZF experience gave me great ideas for something smaller, simpler, and just as cool (or cooler).

puretube
Thanks for the kind words. You're a good guy.

godard
Thanks, I hope you're right.

Wilbo26
It's good to have an ally with 12K+ posts. I can count on you to stop any Foxrox bashing when I'm not around!

Non-Digital Tom
I tried to do a last batch in white. Those who keep track might remember a thread where CC2 was called a "white elephant". At that point I was trying to get some bad metalwork repainted and I looked into getting them done in white with black lettering. Too bad the price I was quoted was too high...in the end each enclosure would have cost me over $60.00 each. Fabrication prices are a joke when you do small quantities. People will probably say "do it anyway", but that goes against my immediate goal, to free up time and get other balls rolling.

1DZReverendDavidLee
I can't thank you enough for all the support you've given me over the years. You're awesome.

MrMunky
Soon I need to sit down and add your links to my site. You do great demos- the music, the playing, the tones.. you can make any pedal sound good. Your playing reminds me of myself if I had better rhythm and practiced more in my formative years.

Brian Marshall
You're a good guy. I always enjoy your posts. And you make me feel like less of a dork for using my own name as my moniker. BTW, I like your website, it's nice and simple and organized.

Fenderson
I thought about putting out a "last call" announcement, but it wouldn't make sense because I've always been behind on them. It would have created a sudden demand and then I'd never get to discontinue the damn thing!

dotlikeimpact
If you are who I think you are, I remember that. When the seller wrote to me about it, I said "take it back, it'll be worth more soon" Apparantly there may have been a problem with it, either way, that guy did the right thing. CC2 problems are easy to resolve.

threm
Hang in there -you're getting the first Octron 2. You and Frank Marino were the ones who put the bug in my ear for individual foot switches for each signal.

To everyone else - thanks! I'm turning over a new leaf here at Foxrox. My new goal will be to answer all the emails that come in. With CC2 hanging over me, it's always geen a loosing fight.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
dbx

Originally posted by Dave Fox
...To everyone else - thanks! I'm turning over a new leaf here at Foxrox. My new goal will be to answer all the emails that come in. With CC2 hanging over me, it's always geen a loosing fight.

Well, good riddance to the bastard then...:smileywink:

It was a GOOD run Dave...looking forward to new things...good to know that you will still be making the fuzz cards for the CC2, haven't quite gotten into the card swapping thing...another rabbit trail for my time but great to see how you adopted modular componentry to musical effect uses...take it easy!
...Are you experienced? Have you ever been experienced?...I have...

For sale: www.geocities.com/dbx4bx/forsale.htm
Please use plain text.